Sunday, May 22, 2005

Are English People Who No Longer Applaud The English Kicking France's Butt Really Still English?

What can I say about this, other than I suspect the people behind this are the same kind of people who think it's racist for the British national anthem to declare that Britain's people shall never be slaves:

Organisers of a re-enactment to mark the bicentenary of the
battle next month have decided it should be between “a Red Fleet and a Blue
Fleet” not British and French/Spanish forces....[The official
literature] describes the re-enactment not as the battle of Trafalgar but
simply as “an early 19th-century sea battle”.


Read the rest here:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1622627,00.html

Maybe the BBC (yeah, right) needs to run a marathon of Olivier's 1944 Henry V to boost spirits. I'm a patriotic, native American, and when I watch or read Henry V, even I'm willing to cry, "God for Harry, England, and St. George!"