Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Reality Brit-TV in Monastery

Here's an article I read this weekend:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/04/30/ntv230.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/04/30/ixhome.html

Five non-Catholic men are sent to live with Benedictine monks for forty days. They work and pray with the monks and have sessions with assigned spiritual mentors. At the end all are positively changed by their stay. I was particularly struck by the account of one man.

"By the end, the atheist, Tony Burke, 29, became a believer and
gave up his job producing trailers for a sex chat line after having what he
described as a "religious experience"....Mr Burke, his voicing breaking with
emotion, confessed his feelings in a video-diary entry. "I didn't want this to
happen," he said."

Boy, can I sympathize with that! I must have been one of the most reluctant Christians ever.

No comments: