Saturday, February 12, 2005

A Year Without TV

When my husband and I moved to this town (from a larger town and one we like much, much better) approximately a year and a week ago, we decided not to get cable here "until we catch up on our backlog of unwatched DVDs" or just "for a while". We still haven't. So except for the Simpsons Halloween special, which a friend brought over, and except for catching a few minutes of CNN here and there in public places and a ghastly three or so hours of Cartoon Network programming viewed (not necessarily heard) while waiting in an emergency room, I have seen no TV for over a year. And you know what? I haven't missed it. I wouldn't have minded seeing footage of some of the news stories this past year, but that was always so mild a feeling that it can't even be classified as regret.

No comments: