Friday, December 31, 2004

Best Line of the Year

I'm too lazy today to look up a link to a story, but here's my vote for best line of the year and quite possibly the best death of the year as well: Fabrizio Quattrochio, the Italian man who was murdered by terrorists, reportedly struggled to get his mask off before his murder, shouting that his murderers "were going to see how an Italian dies!"

I am very sorry Mr. Quattrochio was murdered, but at least he died well. I would like to think that the West is turning out many more people like him than people who spend the month before their murder complaining that Blair (or Bush or whoever) hasn't done enough to save them. And if I should ever be put to the test like that, please God, let me be defiant and courageous like Mr. Quattrochio.

No comments: